3 September 2019 – More than 600 scientists, engineers, regulators and other environmental professionals from more than 20 countries will be in Adelaide at the biennial International CleanUp Conference, organised by the Cooperative Research Centre for Contamination Assessment and Remediation of the Environment (CRC CARE) and the University of Newcastle.
Accredited media representatives are welcome to attend.
Representatives from universities, government and industry will discuss all aspects of contaminated site assessment, management and remediation.
What: The 8th International Contaminated Site Remediation Conference incorporating the 2nd International PFAS Conference
Where: Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
When: 5:15pm Sunday 8 September – 5:15pm Wednesday 11 September 2019
Delegates will discuss some of the most pressing environmental problems facing the world today, including microplastics, chemical weapons, climate change, asbestos, and emerging contaminants such as per-and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
The PFAS Conference will focus on this increasingly important emerging contaminant, which is used in some firefighting foams. In recent years, PFAS contamination has been identified at and adjacent to fire-training sites, in some cases affecting nearby residential communities. Topics include
- Recent advances in contamination assessment
- Prevention of contamination
- Landfill evaluation and gas management
- Disposal of urban wastes
- Green approaches to managing wastes
- Methane effects on the environment and detection technologies
- Petroleum hydrocarbon
- Legal responses to site contamination
- Adverse impacts on agriculture
- Asbestos policy, assessment, and risks
- Management of volatile substances
- Chlorinated hydrocarbon remediation
- Contamination from chemical weapons
- Per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
- Emerging contaminants
- Fractured rocks
- Innovative technologies
The Conference Program is available at: adelaide2019.cleanupconference.com/program
- Cherese Sonkkila, Scientell, 0497 799 868, email@example.com
- Simon Torok, Scientell, 0409 844 302; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adam Barclay, CRC CARE, 0429 779 228; email@example.com