Instructions for Presenters
Thank you to everyone who submitted an abstract for the CleanUp Conference 2019. Authors of accepted abstracts (for oral and poster presentations) should now have all been notified, and the CleanUp Conference Program is now online. If you submitted an abstract and have not heard from us, get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your next steps as a CleanUp 2019 presenter are outlined below:
- Author registration, travel and accommodation
- Presenter registration fees: speakers and poster presenters
- Oral presentations
- Poster presentations
Author registration, travel and accommodation
- Authors are required to fund their travel, accommodation and registration costs.
- At least one author per paper must register and pay their CleanUp 2019 Conference fee on or before Monday, 12 August 2019.
- Papers with no registered author may be WITHDRAWN.
Presenter registration fees: speakers and poster presenters
- Presenters are eligible to register at the discounted “presenter” rate http://adelaide2019.cleanupconference.com/register/
- Joint presentations will not be considered at the CleanUp 2019 Conference
- All other listed authors must register at the non-presenter rate.
A Presenter is deemed the nominated person (individual) who will present an oral platform paper or a poster at the CleanUp 2019 Conference.
- Keynote oral presentations will be 30 minutes in length (with 25 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions and answers (Q&A), discussion and change over).
- Standard oral presentations will be 15 minutes in length (with 12 minutes of presentation and 3 minutes for Q&A, discussion and change over)
Please refer to the program schedule to view the day and time of your presentation.
Preparing your presentation
All session rooms will be equipped with a laptop (Windows 7), lectern, microphone, lapel microphone and data projector supplied by the Adelaide Convention Centre (ACC). It is recommended that you use the ACC’s laptops and play back devices.
If you must use your own laptop, advise this office before Friday 23 August 2019. Ensure you bring the appropriate adaptors and please note that the venue will not provide any technical support for equipment it does not own and maintain.
The preferred method of presentation is via PowerPoint. PowerPoint presentations should be prepared in wide screen 16:9 (not standard 4:3 format). You must bring your presentation to the conference on USB Flash drive for it to be loaded onto the Conference system by an audiovisual technician in the speakers’ preparation room. Please have your presentation saved under your last/family name.
Presenters are requested to report to the registration desk on arrival. You will be directed to the speaker preparation area where your presentation will be uploaded and verified. If you have a MAC or special presentation requirements, please see the technical operators in the speaker preparation area for assistance. Meet with your session chairperson in the session room 10-15 minutes prior to the commencement of the session. If at all possible, please check your presentation material in the speaker preparation area well before your presentation time to avoid any problems when you present.
Speaker preparation / support room
The speaker preparation room will be open at the following times:
- Sunday 8 September 3.00pm – 6.00pm
- Monday 9 September 7.30am – 4.00pm
- Tuesday 10 September 7.30am – 4.00pm
- Wednesday 11 September 7.30am – 1.00pm
Posters are a key component of communicating your projects. Posters, while delivering the same high-quality science, offer a different medium from either oral presentations or published papers, and should be treated accordingly. Posters should be considered a snapshot of your work intended to engage colleagues in a dialog about the work, or, if you are not present, to be a summary that will encourage the reader to want to learn more.
Each poster presenter is provided with a poster board to display their poster. The recommended poster size is A0 portrait style 841mm wide by 1189mm high (please ensure your poster does not exceed 841mm wide). Poster boards are Velcro compatible.
Posters are displayed for the duration of the Conference. Posters can be erected from 8.00am Monday, 9 September 2019 and must be removed after afternoon tea Wednesday, 11 September 2019. All poster presenters should stand alongside their poster during the scheduled poster session (Monday, 9 September 2019; 5:15pm to 6:15pm).
The organisers accept no responsibility for damage to or loss of posters.