What is the CARE Award?
The CARE Award recognises technologies and innovations in the area of contamination assessment and remediation of the environment, and celebrates the achievements of the winner among the industry sector and peers.
If you have developed a product that is unique, marketable, has features that improve the users’ life or work, and is stable and reliable, submit your nomination for your chance to win the CARE Award.
A ‘product’ can be a technology, innovation, service, or invention within the field of environmental contamination assessment and remediation science.
Who is eligible for the CARE Award?
The Award welcomes nominations for innovations and technological developments from organisations, consultants, contractors, product developers and suppliers, service providers, and regulators and researchers who are working in fields of environmental contamination assessment and remediation science for consideration the Award.
Please ensure that your nomination addresses the criteria for assessment outlined in the 2019 CARE Award nomination form and includes any supporting evidence.
What does the winner walk away with?
The successful CARE Award winner will receive:
- a unique glass trophy, hand-crafted by the Jam Factory, which is theirs to keep
- a cash prize of $10,000 (AUD)
- media coverage consisting of one media release and an article in the Remediation Australasia magazine (subject to Editors approval)
- the right to use the CARE Award Winner logo on company publicity materials, and
- promotion of product at the CleanUp Conference 2019 at which the Award will be presented.
The 2017 CARE Award went to InSite for their work to develop a process to remove per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) from contaminated water.