cleanup 2019 Program
Draft program has been released.
Last updated – 7 August 2019.
Please note that the program is in its draft form and can be changed anytime without notice.
Sunday 8 September
- 9:00am – 5:00pm: half-day workshops
Official conference launch
- 5:15pm – 5:30pm: Welcome to Country and Kaurna smoking ceremony, led by Michael O’Brien
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm: Conference opening, including remarks by: His Excellency the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia; Mr Sam Duluk MP, Member for Waite,
representing the SA Minister for the Environment & Water; and Prof Ravi Naidu, CRC CARE CEO and Chair of the CleanUp Organising Committee.
- 6:00pm – 6:45pm: Brian Robinson memorial lecture presented by the Hon Zuraida Kamaruddin MP, Minister of Housing and Local Government, Malaysia
- 6:45pm – 7:30pm: Welcome reception drinks.
Monday 9 to Wednesday 11 September
Each day follows the following schedule (see below for variations and highlights):
- 8:00am: Registration opens
- 9:00am – 10:00am: Plenary session
- 10:00am – 10:30am: Morning tea and networking in the exhibition area
- 10:30am – 12:15pm: Scientific and industry parallel sessions
- 12:15am – 1:15pm: Lunch and networking in the exhibition area
- 1:15am – 3:00pm: Scientific and industry parallel sessions
- 3:00pm – 3:30pm: Afternoon tea and networking in the exhibition area
- 3:30pm – 5:00pm: Scientific and industry parallel sessions.
The 2nd International PFAS Conference will take place at dedicated sessions over all three days.
Monday 9 September
- 9:00am – 10:00am plenary session: Tony Circelli, Chief Executive, South Australian Environment Protection Authority
- 5:15pm – 6:00pm: Drinks and poster session
Tuesday 10 September
- 9:00am – 10:00am plenary session: Peter Nadebaum, Principal and Senior Technical Director – Environment, GHD
- 6:30pm – 11:00pm: Conference Gala Dinner including hypnotist Isaac Lomman and MC Lish Fejer, ABC
Wednesday 11 September
- 9:00am – 10:00am plenary session: Pushpam Kumar, Chief Environmental Economist, United Nations Environment
- 1:15pm – 3:00pm plenary session: Expert panel for ABC Radio National’s ‘Big Ideas’ – Thousands of new chemicals a year: how do we protect ourselves?
- 3:30pm – 5:15pm plenary session: The ‘Unsession’ and conference close.
Thursday 12 September
- Last date for paper submission: Wednesday 15 May 2019
- Notification of acceptance: Mid-June 2019
- Early-bird registration opens: Monday 5 May 2019
- Early-bird registration close: Monday 29 July 2019
- Close of author registration: Monday 12 August 2019
- Inform event team of any specific session room requirements: Friday 23 August 2019
- Standard registration close: Monday 26 August 2019
- Online registration close: Tuesday 3 September 2019 12 noon ACST
- Conference dates: 8-12 September 2019